CAT Exam Overview
CAT Exam Notification 2017 is available here. Hence, candidates who want to study MBA in any IIM’s, IIT & NIT colleges may apply Online before the last date. The applicants can also check the eligibility, selection process, test pattern, etc on this site. You can also refer the official website for any other details regarding CAT Exam, i.e.,www.iimcat.ac.in.
CAT Exam Notification 2017 – www.iimcat.ac.in
Common Admission Test (CAT) is the management entrance exam conducted at the national level for admission to PG in Business Administration Programme. Every year Indian Institute of Management(IIM) conducts the CAT exam on the rotational basis. This is the important exam for the candidates to get admission in more than 100 management institutes across India. The IIT, IIM, NITs and other private management institutions will provide the admission to the candidates by accepting the score of CAT Exam. Hence aspirants who want to study the MBA course in those top colleges may apply before the last date. You can apply for MBA Entrance Exam by sending the online application form. The notification will release in the month of July.
Applicants who want to get the admission in the Top B-Schools or IIM’s must score good rank in the CAT Exam. The management institutions will shortlist the candidates based on their CAT Exam score. Then the shortlisted candidates are called for the group discussion and interview. Stay on the page to know the details like eligibility, selection process etc of the Common Admission Test Exam.
Eligibility Criteria for CAT Exam
The candidates who want to apply for the CAT Exam Notification can check the eligibility here.
1. Aspirants must hold the Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from any recognized university are eligible.
- For the general category, applicants must have at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- For the SC/ST/PWD category, aspirants must have 45% marks.
2. The candidates who are appearing for final year degree or completed the degree and waiting for the results are also eligible for the CAT Exam.
- All candidates must show all the original mark sheets and submit attested copies to prove his/her eligibility at the time of interview. Also, the aspirant must submit the original degree at the time of joining.
- SC, ST, NC-OBC and DA candidates must show their original caste/class and/or Disability certificate and submit a photocopy at the time of interview.
- Candidates appearing for the final bachelor’s degree must show an original certificate from the Principal, Director of the University.
CAT Exam Notification 2017 details
Name of the Organization: Indian Institute of Management.
Name of Exam: Common Admission Test (CAT).
Official Website: www.iimcat.ac.in.
Mode of Apply: Online.
Application fee: Notify soon.
The General and OBC category candidates have to pay Rs.1600/-
SC/ST and PWD candidates have to pay Rs.800/-
CAT Exam Selection Procedure:
The candidates who want to get admission in the IIM’s may check the admission process below.
- The IIM’s conduct the Written Examination, Group Discussion and Interview for the applied candidates.
- A score in the CAT is most important for the admission process. Management Institutions check the previous academic result and work experience at various stages of
- Management Institutions check the previous academic result and work experience at various stages of the admission process.
CAT Exam Pattern:
Common Admission Test Exam pattern changes every year. We provide the sample pattern of the examination here.
|S.No||Name of the Topic||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||Verbal Reasoning and Reading Comprehension||34||34||1 hour|
|3||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||32||32|
CAT Exam Online Application
The aspirants who are willing to apply for the Common Admission Test may send the online applications before the last date. Hence for the convenience of the applicants, we provide the direct link for online application here. Also, we displace the registration steps below.
How to apply for the CAT Exam?
- First of all, visit the official website www.iimcat.ac.in.
- Click on the CAT Exam Notification 2017.
- Read the notification thoroughly.
- After that click on the apply online link.
- Fill all the necessary details and check them before you pay the fee.
- Then pay the fee through any debit card or credit card.
- Print the acknowledgment and keep for further reference.
Date of Publishment: Last week of July.
Starting date for registration of online application: Second week of August.
Last date for submission of online application: Third week of September.
CAT 2017 Syllabus
Aspirants who are applying for the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2017 can obtain the exam syllabus here. We have provided the complete CAT Exam Syllabus such are exam pattern, the number of sections, the number of questions from each section. Through this, candidates can able to make their preparation plan very easily. So, candidates can attain the CAT Syllabus from the below link.
CAT Previous Papers Pdf
Candidates who are preparing for the CAT 2017 exam, let add the extra boost to your regular preparationm through the previous papers. We have provided the Last 5 Years CAT Exam Papers in Pdf format. So, CAT Aspirants can download solved question papers and practice them.
Click here for CAT Old Papers: CAT Exam Previous Year Question Papers
CAT Admit Cards 2017
The IIM will release the Common Entrance Test 2017 Admit Cards before a few days of exam. We have updated the CAT hall Tickets 2017 release dates and other details. So, candidates can check the details of CAT 2017 Admit Card from the below link.